We are pleased to announce that we are a part of the PCMH-N. (Patient Centered Medical Home- Neighborhood). A PCMH-N is a partnership between a patient and his/her physicians.
What this means to the patient?
By choosing to participate in a PCMH-N, patients agree to:
- Make sure my doctor knows my entire medical history
- Tell my Doctor all the medications I am taking
- Actively participate with my doctor in planning my care
- Keep my appointments as scheduled
- Follow my Doctor’s recommendations
- Frequently sign into my patient medical portal to update my medical history
- Consult with my Primary Care Physician for advice prior to making an appointment with a specialist.
- Ask other healthcare providers to send my information such as lab or test results, X-rays or treatment notes to my PCMH Care Physician.
Being a part of a PCMH-N your specialist will:
- Communicate with your PCMH Care Physician about treatment plans, medications, test orders and test results including appropriate flow of patient care information.
- Have an agreement with your PCMH Care Physician regarding who will have the lead responsibility for your care if a chronic disease exists.
Have same day appointments available for urgent problems and appointments within 1-3 weeks available depending on your medical needs.